Saturday, September 15, 2007

Youth Speak

I was checking out the Internet today looking for the upcoming Tavis Smiley event where he will be moderating the Republican Presidential Debate. I found it.
Don't miss it on PBS or online on September 27, 2007, Morgan State University, Baltimore, MD. Moderated by Tavis Smiley, the Republican presidential candidates will participate in a forum about how they will address issues of concern to Black America, as it relates to the book, Covenant with Black America. It was interesting to see who has not confirmed as of today; Mayor Rudolph W. Giuliani, Senator John McCain, Governor Mitt Romney, Senator Fred D. Thompson. Interesting. Well I hope all my readers watch it. This will be a show for sure.
I digress. In looking for info on the debate I came across the Tavis Smiley Foundation. Wow..I had no idea what he is doing to help the youth of today. Check out the movie profile featuring the students of the Leadership Institute. These kids have it. I thought I would share that with you. Let me know what you think. Tavis Talks.com is full of valuable information and fun too.

No comments: