Saturday, October 20, 2007

Just Another Day

Well I have reached the magic number of 50 yesterday. Yeap, that's right. It is hard to believe because I don't feel any different than 10 years ago. How did I celebrate? I didn't. Got lots of calls from well wishers which is always nice but in reality everyday is a birthday for me.

When I wake up each morning I thank God for letting me see another one. I turn on the news to discover that so many people did not wake up. With each day comes a commitment to make my life count in some way. To help someone along my journey. I know it sounds corny but it is what I truely believe. I often wonder why I have made it another day and what I am suppose to do with the time I have left.

During this past week it has been extremely difficult for me to function because of a wicked flu that decended upon me on Tuesday and kept me in bed all week. Today is the first day I actually could get something done. I felt good on Monday when I went for my annual physical. Everything checked out fine but then I took the flu shot. Well, I guess I should have waited because I had the sniffles that day and man once that shot took hold all of the flu kicked in. It is going to be a bad flu season I guess because when I tell you it was a rough week, that is an understatement.

The week ahead....

> If you make between $70,900 and $117,000 a year, there is a great opportunity to buy a 3 bedroom & 2 bath coop in Central Harlem for $505,000. Now for those of you that don't live in NYC you might think that is not a deal but for those of you who do know the real estate market here, that is a steal. Check out the open house tomorrow from 12:00-1:30 at 130 Lenox Ave.

> Also tomorrow a very special event happens at the Park Avenue Christian Church where Rev. Alvin O. Jackson formerly of Memphis, TN and Washington, DC will be installed as the Senior Pastor of this venerable institution. The Reverand James A. Forbes, former Senior Pastor of Riverside Church will be the guest preacher. The installation will begin at 2:30PM

> Come On People - the new book by Bill Cosby and Dr. Alvin F. Poussaint hits the streets. It has a powerful message for families and communities as they lay out their visions for strengthening America, or for that matter the world. The authors aim to help empower people make the daunting transition from victims to victors. Read it and you decide.

That's it for now. Thanks for all the birthday greetings. Back at ya.

No comments: