Thursday, October 25, 2007

Stuff to Think About

I will be away for 8 days in South America. Until then I thought I would leave you with some things to think about. How kind of me right? LOL. Anyway here goes?
  1. Don't let the Pharmacy kill ya. CNN has an interesting feature everyone should read. In 1985 my Mom dropped dead after getting medicine from a new pharmacy. I couldn't prove it because by the time I got to her house the body has been removed along with the medicine. The bottle was never recovered. How convenient.
  2. On Nov. 2, 2008 American Gangster opens in theaters. I want to see it for the magical performance of Ruby Dee. Maybe they will give her an Oscar for this one. Will you see it?
  3. The Fires of Los Angeles. I was saddened to hear about the fires all over California. It was interesting to see how well FEMA and the State and Feds performed. They said they learned from Katrina. Hmmmm. Better late then never but the question is what are you doing about Katrina now. Will the houses be rebuilt or will they have to wait in line for the Calif to be rebuilt. I am always amazed by the spin. Check out this blog piece on the comparisons. Hold on to your hat cause it sure pissed me off. I am praying for all those that have been displaced and died. All lives are equal even in America.
  4. Hold on to your cash. The real estate market is going through a serious transition right now. There will be many opportunities for those with cash and good credit. Thankfully Manhattan is still doing okay but I feel for many people in other cities. It is a bloodbath out there with foreclosures up everywhere. Don't get too stressed remember what goes up must come down but it always goes back up again. Good credit is going to be the key to everything in the foreseeable future. Check your credit for free.

See you soon.

No comments: