Wednesday, May 23, 2007

This and That...

  • Went to the Living Beyond Belief Benefit on Monday in NYC at the Maritime Hotel. It was great to see Rosie Perez and John Starks supporting the high school seniors who are promoting HIV awareness to their peers. John was especially supportive of one of my mentorees, Atiba, who I have been watching over since he was 3 years old. Now sixteen and a great basketball player he was shy about asking John for advice but John understood because he too was shy at that age. Thanks John.
  • Everyone is getting ready to travel this weekend - Driving is going to be expensive and horrible but it is always nice to get away for a few days. I will be in that madness heading down to DC for a few days. Many of my friends are going to exotic locales like Brazil, the Dominican Republic, Puerto Rico and Amsterdam. Maybe next year for me.
  • James Saunders is putting the final touches on plans for his 5th Annual White Party Moonlight Cruise in NYC. He has asked us to once again to do the online marketing for the event which will be held August 3, 2007. For more information go to www.umenent.com or his myspace page at www.myspace.com/jspresent
  • On the Real Estate front - the market continues to heat up. I am encouraging everyone who is renting in Manhattan or Brooklyn should now get pre-approved to buy especially if they have a market rent apartment. Rents and sale prices continue to rise. Don't get left out. Email me for information on this process. It's painless. Just to let you know I am helping people in Chicago, LA, Seattle and London find a place to live. Our relocation network is top in the world. If you are looking to sell let us help you with that as well.
  • Last week I went to the Taste of Harlem event. I am still trying to work off the pounds from that one. Angie Stone performed. A good time was had by all.
  • Have a great and happy weekend. Remember the troops in your prayers. I know I will.

No comments: